Monday 18 November 2013

Costume Research - Dress Experiences and Suit Shoot

Costumes are a main aspect of my music video, at the start of my video I want to have casual wear as it is based in a 'normal' shopping centre, a relaxed environment. The day to day wear will compliment the situation therefore I decided to take images of people in usual wear and look through both genders. This gave me an idea of what to put my model in for the first section of my shoot.



In order to get a feel for the music video and let my main actress get the feel of the role I would like her to play I got in touch with several bridal companies to see if I could photograph my model wearing the dresses. I have contacted bridal shops around Bridlington and Hull in order to try and do this. My evidence for doing so are the following;







I had feedback a week later from one of the shops named Bride and Co. The email I received from the company was welcoming and I later arranged a date and time to meet up with Gemma one of the sale assistants and try on the bridal dresses. I am going to shoot my model in the dresses with all sorts of camera angles to create an indication of how I am going to frame the dress for the actual shoot. I will be meeting Gemma on tuesday the 12th of November at 9.00am to try on the dresses. The images for my evidence are below. 


The final images from the shop were a great success, it made me understand the dresses and how they are made with so much detail. The dresses themselves are a weight therefore I have to take that into consideration if I picked a dress with weight for my talent. She would have to wear the dress for a full day which in a location and this could be tiring as I have her running in the location quite a lot.
This helped Olivia get a feel for her role after she falls into the daydream featured in my concept.



As well as having my actress in character I wanted to portray what I wanted my main actor to wear in the daydream scene. Having smart attire for both characters shows continuity throughout this scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment