Friday 29 November 2013

Learning the Roles and Software







I wanted to research the roles that people undertake within a music video to get an idea of if I need more people that who I have already casted. I am going to film, direct and produce the film myself however have a co-director to help me with the cinematography which is Luke. I believe I am capable after researching via videolink and taking notes that I am capable of creating the video I planned with the people I have already cast. Never the less in order to make my video more exciting I could cast some more talent to act as my main actor and actress's friends in the first section to make it more interesting and engaging for the audience as they may get bored with the video if there were only two people in the video throughout.

To be able to grasp the roles of a video producer, director and create a successful video I wanted to learn about all aspects of what a video includes and what I have to prepare. I looked at the stages of pre production along with things I have to take into consideration such as health and safety, typage and applying the correct people for the cast. As well as looking at post production, what is the best programme to use.
I am also going to make sure when I create my music video that I am focusing on all four of the key elements needed in a music video to be able to produce a more complex and well structured final piece. Note taking this information means I always have it on me so that throughout filming I am not missing out any of the things listed on my notes. This way I have a better chance of creating a music video that fits well to my genre and is aimed at my target audience.


Another way that I looked at this information and looked at a more indepth analysis of how to create music videos was the account Film Riot on Youtube. This was created by Ryan Connolly and allows amateurs in the film and photography industry to gain tips on how to create new effects, work software and gain an insight into how things are actually made. The blog is great for learning alsorts about filmwriters and filming in general and is an inspiration for ideas and shows you how to achieve them. The blog is the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/user/filmriot/videos




As well as the making of the video I gained lots of tips from the video posted below. This is a video to show you how to position your camera angles and cameras in order to get a realistic video with very little overlay or mistake. This is great for showing you the triangle technique and the lighting used within videos. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the videos because they are made with humour yet still show you the techniques they use in a professional way.


No comments:

Post a Comment