Monday 18 November 2013

Locations

Location One

Location 1 is Starbucks; St Stephens Shopping Centre, Hull.
I chose this because it is where my actress will be in day to day life thinking about her love interest. The location is high up in the shopping centre perfect for the concept I want to create in my music video. She will travel up the escalator and through the cafe before purchasing a drink and sitting down infront of the glass at the other side. The general mise en scene of the cafe is perfect for the everday life scene I want to create therefore there is no need for any additional props to be used apart from the money she will purchase the drink with.
The first image is my own and the rest of the Starbucks images are sourced from Google Images.







Location Two

Location two is a pan shot down from the coffee shop to the bottom floor of the shopping centre, this shows my main actress having a coffee upstairs and then straight after walking from the right hand side of the coffee shop on floor 0 past the shops with a group of friends. I like the thought of this transition because you can see the whole of the setting and the story isn't delayed from one scene to the next. The boys will also be in this scene; my main actor and approximately 2 of his friends. The groups will pass one another in the shopping centre and the two main actor/actress's in my video will catch eyes on that passing.
These are all sourced from Google images.







Location Three

Location three is the forway linking two corridors together in Wyke Sixth Form College, the teens will collide here in the main space, knocking paper and books flying. This will result in my main actor picking up a book that my actress has dropped and their eyes meet as he gives it back to here. This is the final location before the fairytale begins. The common hallway is a huge contrast to the fairytale location that will be used for the day dream, I like this as it add something different to it that other people wont' think of or expect.
These are my own sources.








Location Four

Location four is my fairytale day dream, this is where my main actress Olivia 's imagination in shown through imagery. Her fairytale wedding-like meeting with her love interest features here, this is also the trail she has to follow to meet him. Weather permitting this may have to be shot over the course of a few visits. It is around an hour away from where I and my talent is from therefore organisation is absolute key when this is filmed.

On the day that I visited for my test shots and locational photoshoot there was setting up going on for Halloween and Bonfire Night therefore I was unable to get clear pictures never the less there was still the elements I wanted to photograph for my music video.

The shoot contact sheet shows how many images I took of the location and the route I want to roughly take within my music video.




The quality in the images is weaker than the original taken on my Canon 500D never the less these are some of my favourite images from the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment