Monday 18 November 2013

Focus Group - Research questions on music videos


Full volume is needed for the videos!
There are two parts to my focus group questions due to the battery life of the camera however these questions were put together in order to give me an insight into what videos people my age like. The three males in the video all like different genres of music, independent and alternative, rock and metal and also pop and electro. After analysising the answers of the video I found that there were several collaborated decisions they all agreed on. This has helped me discover that the video I am going to film is not exactly in these genres and is mainstream to younger audiences, using the information that I retrieved I deceided that I am not going to make it a dance song however it will still portray the conventions that mainstream pop songs maintain.

Within these videos I asked a number of questions that will help demographics, help my target audience and help me find what I need to put in my video to get a settled equilibrium. I wanted to do this so I have a way of trying to make my video appeal to a number of genres and not just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment