Monday 18 November 2013

Props and Location Information for Concept 1


The concept chosen out of the three, first draft of idea - Props and Location.

In my video I am going to need props to create an equilibrium to real life. Having thought about my locations, I need to go and look at them before confirming the props I need or adding more to my list. 

In my first conceptual idea in the start of my video I want to base my scene in a classroom based environment as if my main actor/actress are in school life, this can be performed at my local secondary school, Driffield School and Sixth form or be based within Wyke College. In terms of props i wish to have a classic classroom feel this stationary about to reinforce this aswell as folders and a teacher at the front of the class. 

The next location I wish to be in for a very short scene that's faded in from the last scene is a bedroom. When the lyrics say 'because every single night I've just been lying awake' I want this to show the narrative through the lyrics and this would be a good way to do so. Props in this scene will be a bed set, my actress in pajamas to create an equilibrium of night time, a clock to represent the time and the scene of the bedroom. 

I want to refer to the classroom again with the same setting but have two desks near one another to create the stereotypical 'I've dropped my pen' scene. This is representing the first time the boy and girl meet. I want the girl to get really excited here and look excited so by putting her in a bold coloured costume for the mise en scene and the boy who isn't fazed by the matter, he has little concern for her therefore putting him in dark clothes can represent this.

As my actress sleeps into a daydream in the middle of class she will appear in a new location that I wish to be Castle Howard in Yorkshire. This is the perfect location for a fairytale scene which is what I'm looking for. The dress I have picked for my actress is a white prom dress, a tight like jewelled corset for the top and a wider more puffed bottom not trailing but to floor length. I want my actress to be wearing a tiara to emphasise her feelings as a princess in this location. I believe that the location I have chosen is well matched to the mise en scene I want to use.

Whilst filming the daydream at Howard Castle I would like to have a trail scene where my actress is looking for her crush from class. There will be pebbles, string, arrows and signs to follow for her to be able to do this. I'm wanting my male actor to senerade her as I have swapped the script lyric roles round therefore to keep it making sense I have put this element of it in. For this my male will be wearing a suit and tie with combed hair, a smart appearance to match my girl appearance as a fairytale character.

For my cinematography I want to use all types of shots to create a type of montage on certain locations therefore I will need to use the tracking dolly for tracks, a tripod, overhead equipment for high angle and birds eye shots aswell as stepladders to help this further. Other equipment I will need are spare SD cards, a lens hood and different types of lenses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment