Wednesday 23 April 2014

Creation of Prop; Diary and Drawing



Jamie is the actor in my video and has a very important role to play as the love interest. Elle is wanting to be recognised by Jamie and gain his attention, due to not having that through the school environment she has her own personalised scrapbook of him to declare her feelings about him. This is supposed to be stereotypically creepy and that is why i have produced two pieces that are very girly, very pink, and have a picture of Jamie on the front of it. The diary will be kept hidden for the majority of the storyline apart from the beginning where elle is looking through it after a dream she had. I used all sorts of google images, my own drawings, textures from V+A cd's and images I had taken in my own time to create these scrapbook covers. I have chosen to go with the second image because I feel thatthis is more suited to Elle's personality of being Lily Tomlin.

The two pictures I collected of jamie here show his personality and that he is cheeky with a strong personality. This is what I wanted to put across through the use of the diary.
The next few pages will have a similar theme to them and I will create this in Photoshop CS6 with the shaping tools and Google Images.

 This is the second and third page that I created so that I can put my my photographed polaroid inspired images onto them. I wanted to keep a running theme in terms of colour, stylig and the theme of Ellie (As Lily) 's imagination and love for Jamie her love interest.
The diary has to be 'cringey', it has to be an extreme version of her love for him. This is then clear to the audience about what feelings are there, the storyline of my video and who Jamie is. The next video after seeing the polaroids is Ellie walking through the hallway and Jamie does not acknowledge her at first so the audience then should realise that he doesn't look at her in that way. By then adding her realisation in colour at the castle the audience should grasp that they are not a couple but he is only helping her with her books.

The page on the right is a development of the first that I created because I wanted to create something a little more interesting and not just have a boring page for the images to be placed on. The extra parts on the diary were off a previous image from Google. I will source this below.
The image will give a nice backing to the images and show Lily as a character's devotion to her love interest. I wanted to keep continuity with the pink and reds in the diary as these are the colours that are mostly connected to and conote love or passion. I placed the flags on there due to the first image I chose as a front cover having flags on it aswell, again trying to keep flow and continuity with the images.
For the actual making of the diary I am going to create the images digitally like these, print them off on an A3 page so that the diary is of a good size, probably 30cm by 30cm and then back the images with black card so that it is more stable for my actress to hold. I believe that this will give me a more solid prop for my music video.




These imags are the inspirations I got off Goole Images and pinterest to get inspiration for making a love scrapbook that I have decided to create for the music video.
The use of ribbons, buttons and photographs really inspire dme however I personally do not have the time to create a diary like this in my own time therefore I created one digitally by taking elements of others as well as creations of my own. This collaboration worked well I believe as I was able to take colour schemes and look at people feelings through their own work.




 These images on the right are both the examples I used to get a feel of creating the scrapbooks aswell as using the extra elements of the diarys in my own work. I collected these images from Google by typing in 'Romantic Scrapbooks'. I was able to get a look into how people create these and the backgrounds I wish to have on my own diary prop.





















 I created a diary page that consisted of a collection of pictures of Jamie. I did this with Jamies permission from his Facebook page. I think this is an obsessive way of behaving and shows the extreme that my character and actress goes to, to show her love for him.




 For the end of my video I am going to have Jamie show his interest for Elle and produce a drawing of her for her to open.

Here is Jamie with an image I took of Elle in the photography studio at College and him halfway through the piece. He is a skilled artist and produced this image within five minutes as a replica of Elle.


As the drawing is connected with the narrative and storyline of my piece as Elle is following the string throughout my locations I thought this would be the ideal way to sum up my video.
I cello taped a long piece of string into a love heart with the end coming off the top of the drawing. This way Elle can open in and be really surprised to see he even knows who she is not to mention have feelings for her the same way she has imagined him for a long time.


The Polaroids


As the new concept and following post has and will explain I have introduced my narrative and storyline through the use of old polaroid imagery. The polaroids are my way of showing the audience Elle's imagination as a character and her lust she has for the natural things that couple do in relationships. She having that desire for Jamie makes the rest of the story more believable and connects to the lyrics better in my own opinion. The polaroids will be fitted into the diary to create a final piece to film upon. 

This image shows my props in one place. The diary before the front has been stuck on, the polaroids in place, the collage of Jamie and his drawing he will be producing to Elle at the end of the video.
I feel these props portray the love and affection Elle has for Jamie in an over the top way so that the audience understand the narrative of Elle's dreams.
We see Dream 1:
Elle imagining Jamie is laid by her when she wakes up.
Dream 2:
Elle's imagination as she looks at what her and Jamie could be like as a couple.
Dream 3:
The dream of meeting her prince charming in a magical setting.
Reality:
When the finale of the ending comes together to show what he actually thinks about her and her reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment