Wednesday 23 April 2014

Existing Album Covers - What my album cover will feature.




The existing album covers I have looked at are in conjunction with the ideas I have about creating my own music album cover. I am a skilled photographer therefore I understand how to frame and produce a good image however I want to push myself here and work with something over my boundaries. I study graphic design at A2 level and am capable of drawing soft imagery of things in front of me or from images.
With this in mind I wanted to explore drawing and illustrative album covers to see if I gained inspiration of what I wanted to do on my front cover, if I were to draw one.
Revolver the album from the Beatles and Choice Notes by Alex Winston were both great inspirations to me in terms of line, colour, texture and shape.





Album Artwork ideas for cover;

  • Use of Elles imagination - so that it relates to the video narrative.
  • Common girl subjects - things girls can relate to in terms of youth and feelings
  • A way of drawing in a male audience - non provocative yet attractive imagery
  • Line and soft use of pencil not pen
  • Levelling the drawings in Photoshop CS6 to create a more stable piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment