Wednesday 23 April 2014

Shooting Day Six - Ending of Music Video

Equipment:
I have used the same set of equipment for the last five shooting days as well as props, this is one thing that I am continuing to do, without props, as I know my equipment is solid and works well for filming.

Plan:


For the ending of my music video I wanted to capture the realisation of my actress once she had come back from her dream and imagination. The scene is cut from the imagination at the castle of the couple to the final scene where her eyes open again and she her love interest still knelt by her side handing her the papers that she dropped when they bumped into one another.
I filmed a slightly off centre over the shoulder shot of this and then went to a direct approach with a front visual of my actress with the reaction of her seeing him there. This is due to the audience seeing him walk away earlier in the video and thinking he doesn't care about her/know about her.
I then filmed the couple from Jamie's point of view taking a piece of paper out of his pocket and giving it to Elle, this also has the string on it and connects directly to the previous narrative shown in the music video.
I shot a close up of the paper in the pocket so that you could see this. I filmed other facings of this as well as Elle going to open the note. The nail varnish I used for Elle in the imagination scene was black and in the end reality scene it was red. I did this so that the passion and interest between the couple at the end is clear and red is a connotation of this feature. I had black in the previous scene due to the scene not being real, therefore it was a blank canvas for the audience to work on.
I had the note be a picture of Elle to add the connection of her drawings of him and her in the first opening scene. This was a connection I made so that people would get the narrative more clearly. The fact there is a string love heart on the image shows a twist in the narrative as he isn't supposed to like her or know who she is but then it turns out he has liked her all along!
I wanted Elle's reaction to be surprised then happy so put two different shots of emotions in here to be able to show this. I will edit these into my final music video as soon as possible.
As a natural ending I got the pair just laughing and talking in a shot showing both of them facing one another, no connection to the camera just one another, I did this and waited extra long on filming to get them acting normal instead of a forced reaction to be able to get this properly.
I took shots of the drawing as an added extra to the ending to show the different angles up close and a final zoom into an eye I could use to close the song. I felt this was appropriate as the audience are being drawn back into the drawing that seal everything and the narrative was then complete.




Music Video Draft - with end of video



After putting on the end footage of my music video I felt that I could of had a lot more footage to work with as I had a lot more time than I thought I did originally once coming to film it. I feel the ending matches the rest of the narrative and I have kept it in colour with a slight adjustment of saturation due to the fact that, Elle as the actress has come out of her imagination and he is actually there with him, just like a dream. 
I feel that I could have improved my camera angles and shots a lot here as I was rushing due to having 15 minutes to film this last section with my talent and not having an available tripod that is capable of going small enough to my kneeled height. I therefore did this freehand and on some of the footage have cut out head and eyes. Although this was intentional it wasn't going to be as extreme as I have captured it. 
I positioned my talent where they are in the video as a school/college corridor is not flattering at all however on the other side of the couple is a door that people use all the time and is a very busy walkway alongside a poster with all the tutors photographs on. I felt this would be difficult as well as slightly inappropriate to put in my music video even if I blurred them out. The could also draw the attention away from the couple and take attention from the audience into the colours and boldness in the poster. 
I also feel I could of improved on my ending shot of the couple however I tried to make it as subtle as  possible so that it would be the first time they have spoken or met properly before and it was away from all the extreme scenes such as the prince and princess meeting that I had applied earlier. 



No comments:

Post a Comment