Wednesday 23 April 2014

Emma's Recording for Track


Recording the track for my music video

I had previously recorded two tracks with Annie Harmeston for my music video however with her heavy time schedule alongside mine making any adjustments was hard. The first recording that I received from Annie was wonderful, I was thrilled to hear the voice on the track alongside her beautiful acoustic guitar playing however it was too short and didn't cover the part of the music video I needed to be in it for the lip syncing previously recorded. 
The second track recorded from Annie was one that I felt unsure about using due to the fact I wanted my mixed genre of pop and soft acoustic to match the melody and feel of my romantic music video. The track again was lovely although I felt that the guitar that Annie was playing over powered her voice which has a great tone and is soft enough to match my style of video I wanted to produce. 
Due to this I came to the conclusion that as it was so close to the deadline and it would be difficult to get Annie to have time to record yet another track, Emma volunteered to help me out.

Emma is a drama student who is amazing at acting, she sings during her performances however doesn't just sing as a hobby or anything therefore tackling a newly learnt song from hearing it to recording it in ten minutes was extraordinary. She had the lyrics up on her phone whilst I was in the other side of the studio directing certain pitches with my fingers to help her out. I believe she did remarkable for the short time she had looked at the song then recorded it for me within. 
As my main artist character is Elle, who is a female, and the cover of the original artist I am using is a male I wanted a female voice within my music song for the video for them to match. This is why I first decided to use a cover from a friend or input a friends voice. 




I wouldn't of been able to do this without George Suddaby. George is a very talented musician himself and great with music tech. Having gone over to the music technology class at Wyke Sixth Form College in a state of panic without a voiceover for my track, the teacher in charge of the class partnered me up with George straight away. Voluntarily George set Emma up in the studio and took control doing an amazing job at recording a voice over of Emma onto an acoustic cover of my original track. Emma has a particular tone and was pitchy in parts of the music recording therefore George was brilliant at cutting in and out and punching in new recordings before fixing them all together for me.
George and I arranged after recording at 10am to meet at lunch time to be able to edit the track for any bumps and wrong pitches to overall get a solid, edited track together.


With the slight use of auto tune and pitch fixing George was able to produce a solid track for me that I could work with in my music video. We lowered Emmas voice so that it wasn't the main feature of the music video however was accompanying to make my music video/bonus track a more special and believable professional product.
George was a huge help and deserves full credit with recording the track for me and editing under my direction, Emma was superb and the pair of them have made my product a more relatable piece for my target audience. This is due to the fact Emma is also our age and my artists age therefore this way she wouldn't sound too mature on a record of this sort.
I am happy with my overall recording.




Once I had completed the track, George downloaded it for me to my hard drive where I was able to connect it directly to my MacBook where I edit my video and import it straight away. This was very helpful meaning I could edit and import on the move.
I added the music file onto my video and began editing straight away to make the deadline for my media music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment