Wednesday 23 April 2014

FILMING POLAROIDS post 1- The videos for the moving still image (PROPCOMING TO LIFE)


These messages were from Feburary and I have not filmed for almost two months due to the lack of organisation and getting together. You can see in these images that I was getting frustrated with the lack of time together however this was due to illness, time management, my actor and actress been in two other music videos as well as mine and mine having quite a complex storyline.
I was able to however at the end of the image in the video show that I could in fact get a time and I travelled to Elles house to finish the images and videos for the moving image in the diary section.

I was able to create the effect that it was a drawn story book image through the use of Photoshop CS6. By Using the poster edges filter effect on the images that I had taken allows the image to look like a cartoon. I was then able to adjust the posterisation, colour, edges and intensity of the image afterwards with the dials on the right hand side of the image. This then gave me the idea to use black and white imagery. By putting black and white images in the diary I am using continuity in the music video. The black and white or saturated colour symbolises the real life of my actress 'Lily' and the colour is her imagination, what she wants to happen with her crush. I will use photoshop imagery to create this transformation. 
I can then put these images into windows movie maker or iMovie on my macbook to create the individual videos.
I am going to film the video so that when my actress is opening the book I will zoom in on the images and then the video will pause and the copy I have created with edits will play - then making the image look like it has come to life. I need to be careful, clever and use the measurements wisely for this to work. The images on the left are the three scenarios that I have chosen to create for Ellie's imagination as Lily. I chose to use locations around Ellie's house where she relaxes the most and does in her free time. These are so that the video relates to her as a character; Lily and Lily's imagination.
- Making and drinking cups of tea in her kitchen
- Watching television in her lounge
- Looking at photographs she has taken in her bedroom



 The final 3 videos with edited beginning:
I am going to attempt to edit these photographs/moving images so that they are not as long as well as using these ones in order to see what is best for my music video and what I can fit in. I have put Annies second attempt at the song on the background in a random place to see if the images would match that style of voice backing.



I created my final polariod images the same way I designed them in my two week induction task. Because I created these previously I was no worried as to how I was going to make them due to me being quite confident. The image below if from last time I created the polaroid imagery, I created them in exactly the same way using black card, white card and double sided sticky tape. They are easy to create and I printed my images for this project on Photoshop to the exact measurements that the polaroids were created therefore the image should look like it has been printed.



My images this time however have got a border to create a more vintage look about them. I am going to video my actress opening the book and them freeze frame the video so that I can then insert the polaroid videos into the diary before her turning the page again. This will add to the fairytale like video I have tried to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment