Wednesday 23 April 2014

Shooting Day Five

Equipment:
I have used the same set of equipment for the last four shooting days as well as props, this is one thing that I am continuing to do, without props, as I know my equipment is solid and works well for filming.

Plan:


After arriving at Elle's house and setting up my Canon 500D on a tripod in her bedroom I got her to show that she was sleeping. I was aiming to get close up shots as well as a medium shot or two of the details of her from different angle to make this short few seconds not as boring as it would be if she was still and I filmed her for that long. 






I feel that my Canon DSLR has made the shots look clear and clean cut due to the megapixels in which my camera holds for quality. I feel I also captured a wide variety of shots that will allow me to get a very accurate and interesting first scene of my video. 

The next bit of my video I wanted to shoot was the thought of Jamie being there in her dreams and then him not being there at all. I needed to get Elle's reaction, as Lily, to Jamie her love interest being their with her and then not at all. 





I wanted to get a vertical shot looking down at my actress because I felt this was dramatic and shows off her facial expression really well. I felt it had a clear mode of address doing it this way and the emotion was being communicated to my audience well.


I made sure the mise en scene was correct for example my actress was in pyjamas to match the scene and she had the same jewellery on to what she has in the further videos to make a link to her personal style and ideology.








I filmed Elle in various positions getting out of bed and turning the light on at her desk, this is the transition to the next set location in which I am filming in Elle's bedroom. This footage is my reality part of the video, therefore they will all be de-saturated so that there will be little colour in the shot and it will be bleak to the audience. I feel that filming this way in various situations but cutting out parts of the daily routine with portray my story quickly an clearly in the first section of my video. I have used different shots both close up and long to mid shots to show this.

The following videos are showing the desk footage, getting the diary out of the desk and then to read. I found this part easy however the coming footage after that filming the positioning for the diary was extremely hard. 




I chose to use a slight pan and a zoom technique to get to the diary whilst showing my actress is reading it. I did this as it is a convention of my specifically chose genre and is seen in a variety of pop videos when moving to a close up of a prop. I felt these parts of the video were the most difficult to film as I had Elle infront of a mirror and wanted her reflection in the shot however tried to not get myself in the reflection. It was also a case of speed and where to walk, I felt that I had a confined space to work this never the less needed a quite vibrant and exciting shot therefore this proved difficult. 

Another thing I had to focus on was literally the focusing of the camera. It was important that all the footage was in focus for this scene therefore when my camera kept shuttering I dealt with the problem that occurred by using Elle's Canon the same make and design for a shot then reverted back to my own to see if the problem had cleared. If for any reason it didn't clear I could of used Manual Focus on my Canon to make sure it was clear. 

The next thing I had to watch and be aware of was shadows. Its very difficult when you have a light right behind you to capture something without a shadow and that was my problem when it came to filming. I couldn't of shot this anywhere else therefore I had to deal with the fact there was a lot of shadowing going on. 








The closing of the book
I needed to make sure I had footage of my actress shutting the book, she opens her dreams through the eyes of her drawings and then closes them to have to go back to reality. Her reality is again like the other footage going to be a bleak colour with a loss of saturation. These images will close the scene and the first part of my footage. The first video is not even useable due to Elle forgetting she was looking at the camera. Using my tripod I had my camera at different heights, on tilts and using over the shoulder shots. 








MEDIA MUSIC VIDEO - Draft 4
This is now my music video with the added scenes on them, however the video effects are not in place for the diary and the drawing to imagination scenes and there is missing sections. This is again still a draft however is giving me more of an idea of how the final product will come out and what it is I need to do still for my video to work and be successful. I feel that my video once everything is put together will work well and will all link. It is hard to see the narrative at this morning with missing scenes and no ending to the video therefore I feel it will come together shortly.









No comments:

Post a Comment