Wednesday 23 April 2014

Imagination Quotes

After receiving feedback from my unfinished video that is soon to be completed I found that people were still struggling to understand my concept and how the narrative is connected within the different scenes.
My adjustments that I have amended before completing my video is making the duller scene's and the scenes in colour a lot more apparent and visible to the audience. I used Final Cut Pro on my macbook to amend these changes to the work using the colour options. By dropping the exposure and saturation of the video I was able to connote the reality and the imagination better this way. I used the select tool, shortcut (A) to then click the colour board tool to be able to manipulate these. I had to use the blade tool to cut the video at the times where I believed there was a new scene that I wanted to change the colour of therefore it was a precise thing to have to do however this was due to creating the video in a different programme beforehand.



As well this I was contemplating introducing a line or two such as a quote in the beginning of the music video about imagination and its wonders. This is so that is it clear to the audience from the start that what they're about to watch has a narrative to do with the imagination, this could possibly make it clearer to my audience how the scenes are connected. I looked at http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/imagination for inspiration on quotes. 

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.” 
― Albert Einstein

“Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.” 

“I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination.” 
― John Keats

“Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.” 
― Mark Twain

“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” 
― Carl Sagan

“Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all is a form of planning.” 
― Gloria Steinem

“The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless.” 
― Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I like some of these quotes all for different reasons however feel that Albert Einstein is the most appropriate to use after discussing this with fellow peers. I asked Luke Berry Dagnall another media colleague to suggest which he felt was the most appropriate to connect to my piece and agreed that is was most relevant to my storyline to use the Albert Einstein quote. I feel that this will help my audience have a better understanding of the narrative due to it being too close to the end of the deadline to refill sections of my music video. 

I wanted to make my music video and the quote more meaningful to the video therefore I took this one step further and recorded a voice over to show the passion in the quote. I recorded this via garage band on my mac book pro with a vocal basic effect to add more of a whisper to the voice.


Via Garage Band on Macs you are able to record tracks from any instrument or vocal fairly clearly. I did this without a microphone due to the fact I was unable to get one. The programme is easy to use as I had never used it before until this project however it is pretty simple if you are not trying anything too complex.  The final file in my documents is shown below once recorded. 

Once I had finished and exported the recording I used iMovie to drop in the quote and the voiceover to match the quote. I used the selective tool to make sure this was accurate. 



This is the final quote I am going to put at the beginning of my music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment